Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First and Second

1st -- Riuder Up 20" x 20" oil on canvas

2nd -- A Forest Ride 20" x 30" oil on canvas

I'm doing a happy dance as I just received a call that I won first AND second place in oil painting at a national equine art show! The pieces are above. Tonight is the preview party, and they have the best spread of any art opening -- it's a huge catered event, plus free beer and wine.

The show is held annually at the Emerald Downs racetrack in Auburn, Washington, and receives entries from across the country and occasionally as far away as England.

While I'm typing I'll mention a couple of recent sales, -- a collector from Park City, Utah found my website and loved "Riding the Herd" -- I directed them to Parklane Gallery where they made the sale. Also selling at Parklane a couple of weeks ago was "Classic Red" to a local Washington couple. Needless to say that news called for happy dances of their own LOL.

Cheers,

Karen

No comments: